At MONTASH, our jewellery is exceptionally made using only quality metals and stones. With everyday wear, jewellery can be prone to scratches, knocks and tarnishing over time.
Jewellery wears depending on the setting, material and frequency of wear. For this reason, MONTASH advises that you remove your jewellery:
- Before applying moisturisers and other skin creams, sunscreen, dyes, hair sprays and perfumes.
- To avoid the jewellery coming into contact with abrasive soaps, chemicals, detergents, bleaches, ammonia or alcohols as these chemicals will cause discolouration and damage.
- Prior to washing, bathing, doing dishes, household chores, strenuous activities, exercise, sport, swimming (both ocean salt water or chlorinated pools), to prevent scratching, denting or loss of gemstones.
- Before going to bed to avoid kinking or breakage especially rings to avoid the possibility of your fingers swelling during sleep.
- To avoid water and germs getting trapped underneath and causing inflammation/eczema.
Settings should be checked by a jeweller at least once a year. Although MONTASH takes great care when making jewellery pieces, any hard knocks can cause damage to the setting. If you drop or knock your setting, it is best to book an appointment to have it checked to minimise the risk of losing a diamond or gemstone.
When you are not wearing your jewellery, the best place to keep your jewellery is in the box you were provided at purchase or on a jewellery holder. This will protect the jewellery from being scratched, and from scratching other pieces.
Cleaning & Maintenance
MONTASH offers complimentary professional cleaning of your jewellery pieces
If you are unable to get to MONTASH to have your jewellery professionally cleaned you can clean your jewellery by leaving it to soak in a bowl of warm water with a mild liquid detergent for a few minutes, then using a soft bristle toothbrush to gently clean. Rinse the piece under lukewarm running water and use a soft cloth or tissue to dry the piece.
*Please note exceptions to cleaning your jewellery pieces in this way are outlined below*.
However, MONTASH does not take any responsibility for any damage arising from said cleaning.
MONTASH recommends that you only clean your pearls with a damp cloth. We also recommend that you remove your pearl jewellery before showering or swimming to avoid pearls dislodging from settings. Care is needed with washing hands constantly as over time the glue can corrode.
*Checking and reglueing of pearls is recommended*